Greetings, or as we say in Texas, "howdy."

Welcome to my blog. Grab yourself a cup of coffee, or tea and relax and enjoy watching my walk with God. Daily insights, thoughts, revelations, and frustrations in the life of lil' ol' me, Ima Lamb.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am the Clay

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Today I was looking out my window enjoying this beautiful, sunny January day we're having here in Texas, as I washed the dirty dishes in my kitchen sink. I watched as the red tip bushes in my backyard swayed back and forth from the winds gentles nudging. I smiled at the sight of our ever- so- faithful, yet spastic beagle, Buckeye...I did tell you I'm married to a yankee didn't I? (Guess where he's from by our dogs name!) Anyway, little Buckeye was darting back and forth from one end of the yard to the other in a streak of brown and black blur. Suddenly, out of no where the old church hymn Have Thine Own Way, Lord by Adelaide A. Pollard, popped into my little noggin.


Actually, it was the verse "Thou art the potter, I am the clay! Mold me and make me After thy will, While I am waiting, Yielded and still" that popped up. I had this mental picture of God carefully and tenderly at the "potters wheel" molding me (as I pray every night that He would do) into the Christian woman He wants me to be. I saw myself standing by His side watching like a gleeful child giggling, clapping her hands together, jumping up and down in eager anticipation as she watched her father put together something she had so longed to receive. Then I saw myself step in and "help" doing this and that to His work. He said nothing just stepped back with the patience of a god, or at least the patience my God is known for and let me do my thing- which was mess up his work that I asked him to do in the first place!

I get so impatient because I want to already be this Christian woman, yet, how much faster would God be able to do His work and "mold" me if I would just stay out of the way! And why the heck is it so dern hard?
Oh, I know it's the "curse," sin, human nature, free will and all that- it just felt good to rant and rave for a second. So I just have to be patient and wait to see the end product "when the roll is called up yonder" 'cause I will be there and finally complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment