Greetings, or as we say in Texas, "howdy."

Welcome to my blog. Grab yourself a cup of coffee, or tea and relax and enjoy watching my walk with God. Daily insights, thoughts, revelations, and frustrations in the life of lil' ol' me, Ima Lamb.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Let's Go Together

Yesterday as I was drving to pick my oldest daughter up from High School after her Colorguard practice I couldn't help but notice the sky. My younger daughter, 9 years old was in the front seat next to me. I was leaning over my steering wheel lookin up and she said,"what are you looking at mom?"
"The sky...look at how weird it looks. Dark clouds one on top of the other just over that one area." I replied.
"Yeah," she agreed. "It does look weird."
I looked at her and smiled and said, "Hey, maybe Jesus is fixing to return!" She smiled too. Then I said, "Here, hold my hand...let's go together!"
So we held hands as we drove to pick up Ci.

Funny thing is, a couple of days ago I went out the front door to tell Cigi something. She was out there visiting with her friend across the street. I walked out on the porch and her cell phone, diet Dr. Pepper can was laying there but no Cigi! My first thought was "I got left behind!" Then Cigi came from inside the house she had went in to get something, somehow I didn't hear her come in.
"What are you doing, mom?" she asked. I laughed and told her what just had happened. She said, "Sheese, mom...don't you hear the neighbor mowing their lawn?"
I laughed and said "Yeah...I thought he got left behind too!"

Wonder why this has been on my mind lately? I tell you one thing, it sure makes you wonder about where you'll be, who you'll be with, and what you'll be doing when Jesus returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment