Greetings, or as we say in Texas, "howdy."

Welcome to my blog. Grab yourself a cup of coffee, or tea and relax and enjoy watching my walk with God. Daily insights, thoughts, revelations, and frustrations in the life of lil' ol' me, Ima Lamb.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Inner Insight: Proof

GENESIS 2:7 "the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being."

In my Life Application Bible the notes at the bottom say this about this passage: "'From the dust of the ground' implies that there is nothing fancy about the chemical elements in our bodies. The body is a useless shell until God brings it alive with his 'breath of life.' When God removes this life giving breath, our bodies once again return to dust. Therefore our life and worth come from God's Spirit."

MY THOUGHTS:
Several months ago I went to a funeral and as in all funerals I've been to we all had our turn to view the body. As I approached the body it was obvious that Mr. Brother in Christ was no longer in attendance...all I was viewing was his temple of God for the last some odd years. Before I had even read the verse above and it's notes I remember thinking "that's just an empty shell. Like a locust shell you happen on that is empty."

This is proof to me that I am saved by faith and through Jesus' death on the cross. Because the Holy Spirit in me revealed this knowledge to me. I know I have probably read this in the Bible hundreds of times-but forgot. The Holy Spirit, however, brought it back from the depths of my memory (which has been nothing to brag about lately) to teach me more and deeper knowledge about our Lord.

Another time that is proof that Holy Spirit is at work is as a child I always had this feeling that I was being "watched." As if I were on stage playing out a role that was not rehearsed but about who I really was and was becoming. Like an actor on stage I could almost hear groans from my fans (saints in Heaven) as I did wrong, cheers as I made good decisions, and tears as I was hurt for one reason or another. Over forty years later as I was reading Randy Alcorn's book: HEAVEN he talked about the Saints in Heaven cheering us on! There is a Bible verse that was there to verify this...I will find it and add it on in the future.

There is no way as a little child who didn't go to church or Sunday School at the time could possibly know this! This was given to me by God, who I have always known and been aware of since my first memories (read about this under my blog TESTIMONY).

Throughout my life this has been the pattern: Sometimes the Bible verified what God has already shown me...and sometimes God verifies truths from the Bible in the happenings of my life. Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment