Greetings, or as we say in Texas, "howdy."

Welcome to my blog. Grab yourself a cup of coffee, or tea and relax and enjoy watching my walk with God. Daily insights, thoughts, revelations, and frustrations in the life of lil' ol' me, Ima Lamb.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's 2012, Do You Know Where Your Sustainer Is?


The other day I was reading in the Bible beginning with the "beginning" which is what "Genesis" means.

My Bible has a little prelude to each of the books. The prelude before the book of Genesis talks about there being something refreshing and optimistic about the words begin, start, commence, and open. They stir hope and imaginative visions of our future. (Now don't tell me when you read the highlighted words your spirit didn't flutter about with excitement and happiness when you read them!)

The prelude talks about the book of Genesis revealing the person and nature of God: Creator, Sustainer, Judge, Redeemer. The word SUSTAINER, stood out and made me think of one the examples our former Pastor had used so often in past. He explained that if the sun was a tad bit closer to the earth we'd burn. Or if it was a tad bit farther, we'd freeze. (He didn't say "tad bit" he had actual numbers there that I don't have at hand or  in my noggin' so if someone out there does know the statistics...help!)

In my youth I had several of my own awesome "sustainer visions" of the Lord  in my head. I was amazed at how the human body is made!  Just think of it...no batteries, no extension cords, etc.

Being the "visual person" I am I pictured what it would be like it we did run on electricity. I saw myself walking around carrying one or those long, orange extension cords that are so commonly used outside while doing yard work, wrapped around my arm as I traveled to and fro. This made me so thankful to God that we are not made that way!

Thank You Lord God that you are my sustainer, and what I need to do is keep Your truths and promises wrapped around my heart as I go on my way striving to grow closer to You, Lord. You blew into my lungs the same breath of life as You blew into Adam and Eve and that is the sustaining source that keeps us all alive durning our time here.

Thank You Lord that we are not robots that are programmed to love you having no choice in the matter. Free will, the freedom to choose for ourselves who we will love and serve is just another gift you gave us. What meaning would the word love have if it were not free...free to choose? You "let us go" blessing us with gifts of grace, mercy, unconditional love and Your instructional manual/ love letter- the Holy Bible and a means to return to You (the sacrifice of Your only Son)  and much, much more, waiting for us to return of our own decision to live in Fellowship with You.

Our decision to return to You on our own proves to us both how very much we truly do love You. Thank You Father, In Jesus' name a pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment