Greetings, or as we say in Texas, "howdy."

Welcome to my blog. Grab yourself a cup of coffee, or tea and relax and enjoy watching my walk with God. Daily insights, thoughts, revelations, and frustrations in the life of lil' ol' me, Ima Lamb.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's Morning

It's Morning
by Robin Dearth


"Good lord it's morning," she awoke with a cry,
She lived in darkness despite the sun in the sky.

To arise seemed useless, like chasing the wind,
There seemed no prospect that her pain would end.

Seeing no reason to bother even getting out of bed,
She sank down low, pulling the covers over her head.

Bedside were pills for pain, depression, and anxiety as well,
But they held no power to release her from this personal hell.

Through the worlds eyes this woman was a success,
Yet fame and fortune only added to her inner mess.

Her mind a whirlwind - never once taking a break,
Causing sleep deprivation, fatigue and severe headaches.

Nothing was special; nothing was new,
Ending her life seemed the only thing to do.

She reached out and picked up the receiver,
Her last call for help went out to a preacher.

"I'm tired of fighting and living with this strife,
I see no solution; tonight I'm ending my life."

She shuddered with disbelief when she heard him say,
"Praise the Lord! This is indeed a glorious day!

It's true, you should die, not physically- but to self.
Live for God, His path leads to true, everlasting wealth.

A wealth of love, peace, happiness and a life extremely abundant-
Receive Jesus Christ as Savior now, all you have to do is repent."

A new sensation stirred within her; something was very right!
"All you have to do is pray," he said and she did - with all her might.

"Jesus, I am a sinner, appalled by my own behavior.
Please forgive me, help me; I need you as Lord and Savior.

I do believe you died on the cross and rose from the grave,
For sinners such as I you died, so that you might save.

Fill me, Lord, with the Holy Spirit, and take me by the hand,
Lead me by your nail-scarred hand into the Promised Land.

Praying the prayer she experienced such a sweet release,
The darkness began to depart and her soul fell into peace.

Gone was the darkness that had brought her to her knees,
She fell into much needed slumber - her mind finally as ease.

She slept until morning and awoke freer than the freest man,
Her old self had died; and now she was born again!

"Good, Lord! It's morning!" a new cry filled her heart,
Her glorious walk with Christ Jesus was beginning to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment