Greetings, or as we say in Texas, "howdy."

Welcome to my blog. Grab yourself a cup of coffee, or tea and relax and enjoy watching my walk with God. Daily insights, thoughts, revelations, and frustrations in the life of lil' ol' me, Ima Lamb.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

"There's no Drama in Church!"

Over the past year our church that I have been going to for 42 years with the same Pastor, has been in a struggle. I don't want to go into details heck I don't really even know all the details. I just know that it's all wrong.

Thinking back to when we were a small congregation in Ft. Worth, we were family. All those people there were my family. I played softball on the youth teams, went to camp, South Dakota, Falls Creek Camp where I asked Jesus into my heart. The teachers, Pastor, Pastors Wife, Deacons, and Congregation were all such wonderful examples of the Christian life to me.

I remember being at one of the fellowship dinners that us Baptist are so well known for. Sitting there eating this heavenly food with my Christian brothers and sisters- it was so easy for God to show me how wonderful Heaven will be!

Then change set in. We moved to a new location in a different city to be able to grow and spread the Word to more people. Our Pastor, a great man and the best teaching pastor I have ever heard, suddenly was no longer Brother Such and Such...he became Dr. Such and Such. (I liked Brother Such and Such much better!)

Our core congregation suddenly started dropping off as sin infected the best of Gods children.

The goal was to reach more people, bring more people in, yet those there were no longer taken care as family are.

It's like we all, that's right, I am SO not to be left out of those that were infected with sin, were no longer loved by each other but judged by each other.

It all boiled down at the end of last year. So many different stories, actions, and bitter tales floating around.

Frustration filled the "worship" time. I had kept some of the information about what was going on to myself away from my husband, and teenage daughter, 16, because I wanted them to still be able to worship in the worship center. But the time came that I had to tell them what I knew, right or wrong.

My teenage daughter seemed to sum it up with her reaction. " Drama? In church? NO! There is not suppose to be drama in church! It's at school, I hear it with my friends, it's on television...but it is not supposed to be in church!"

From the mouths of babes...I couldn't agree more. Didn't we go there to praise our God and Jesus our saviour? What happened to them?

This is why my family goes, we are so grateful for Jesus' sacrifice, and for God...a God that gave up his only Son to save us...boy do we ever need it, and boy do we ever need to praise and worship them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment