Greetings, or as we say in Texas, "howdy."

Welcome to my blog. Grab yourself a cup of coffee, or tea and relax and enjoy watching my walk with God. Daily insights, thoughts, revelations, and frustrations in the life of lil' ol' me, Ima Lamb.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Always

I am sitting on the couch in my living room this morning reading the daily devotion out of Sarah Young's book, Jesus Calling. Once done with this I began to pray and as I got to the part where I asked God to fill our home with His Holy Spirit immediately I was aware that He is already here. My spiritual eyes are opened and though I can't see Him- I do! The air is thick with His presence! My soul is tingling, buzzing with joy! He is here, He is always here; I am not always looking and therefore am not aware of this amazing fact.

Oftentimes I pray with my eyes open-especially when I pray this prayer so I can see the transformation. It's as if the whole room I'm in is filled with a Substance, an invisible Substance but so noticeable to the searching eye! Like the wind!

Seeing into the Realm of God is a humbling experience. My soul is still tingling as I sit here writing this, wrapped in the ever present presence of the Lord.

God is reminding me of all the times in the past He was there; at Church, in Bible Studies, at Youth Camps and Missions trips. Times when the "feeling" was different...special. It was Him making His presence known to me.

As a baby Christian I thought there was a certain formula of seeking Him that would cause Him to appear like this. But now, as I am maturing through the trials I've been through He is teaching me that this was wrong. There is no special formula that will cause this to happen. It is through being sensitive to His presence that I am blessed with this seeing and feeling Him here.

When I was going through my "dark years" I longed to experience this sensation again. I feared it was forever lost to me. How glorious it is now, that He is teaching me to be sensitive to His presence; to look for and just to notice that it is and always has been here. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment